A unique reference tool for teachers, Bible students, and all those who love to work with wood.
References to trees and wood fill the Bible from beginning to end, adding to its literary and historical value and enlarging its storehouse of inspirational treasures. They reflect keen observation, practical experience, and conditions of everyday life in the biblical world. Whether in the form of pictures, stories, messages, or poems, these treasures are resources that we may use to enlarge our faith.
This book surveys woods and woodworking in the Bible, their place in Jesus' preparation for his ministry, and what the scriptural allusions to trees, woods, and woodworking meant to Him as a carpenter and master builder.
Learn much more about woods in the bible at my site, The Compleat Joiner
Order this book from Amazon
- Trees and Wood in Scripture
- Trees as Resources in the Bible
- Woodworking in the Ancient World
- The Son of the Carpenter
- Trees as Symbols in Scripture
- Trees as Landmarks in Scripture
- Glossary of Trees and Woods in the Bible
- Other Trees and Shrubs of Palestine
- Glossary of Woodworking Tools in Biblical Times
- The Compleat Joiner